XCOM: Evolution is an expansion for XCOM: The Board Game that complicates your war effort with new missions, enemies, invasion plans, and mechanics that make your struggles more dangerous than ever. As the alien forces spread and peril increases, the sinister humans of the EXALT seek to take advantage of the chaos to infiltrate and destroy XCOM from within. Their treachery leads to new challenges, and you’ll face new crises, find your work subverted, and have to deal with new threats to the very resources you need to win the war. Fortunately, your team has also made some advances since the war began. The discovery of the mysterious alien substance known as Meld promises to unlock some astonishing breakthroughs in the field of biomechanics. And XCOM: Evolution allows you to pursue some of these advances, potentially bringing formidable new weaponry to the field in the form of MEC Troopers!
Key Selling Points
• An expansion for the acclaimed, app-driven board game, XCOM: The Board Game
• The sinister humans of EXALT work against you, creating new threats and adding new difficulties
• Introduces new crises, missions, and enemies
• Coordinated update to the game’s companion app allows you to play through two new invasion plans
• The discovery of Meld affords you new possible breakthroughs, including the addition of MEC Troopers